This one is for all the Oreo lovers out there, which is every child I know! Do you eat them like a sandwich or pull them apart and lick the middle out? Oreos go so well with milk, with cream or with cream cheese which makes this Oreo cheesecake a match made in heaven. It’s easy, it’s quick and it’s delicious – bash the crust, whiz up the filling, pop it in the pan and you’re good to go 🤩
This recipe is suitable for children of all ages; younger children can bash the Oreos to make the crumb base and can also help with adding and mixing the ingredients, whilst older children may be able to make most of this recipe on their own with some guidance.
Prep: 20 minutes
Refrigerate: 4 hours
What you will need
For the base:
- 24 Oreos
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
For the filling:
- 450g / 16oz cream cheese, softened
- 100g / 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 480ml / 2 cups whipping cream
- 15 Oreos, chopped
For the decoration:
- 5 Oreos, finely chopped
- 22-24 mini Oreos
Let’s get cooking!
Make the Base
- Put the Oreos into a ziplock bag and bash them with a rolling pin to make crumbs (children love to help with this!).
- Scoop the crumbs into a mixing bowl and pour in the melted butter, mix together.
- Line the bottom of an 8-inch springform or loose bottom pan with parchment paper and pour the crumb mixture into the pan. Use an empty glass to press the crumbs down firmly to form an even, flat base. .
- Transfer to the refrigerator to set while you make the cheesecake filling.
Make the Filling
- Add the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla extract into a mixing bowl. Use an electric whisk to mix it until well combined.
- Pour the whipping cream in a clean bowl. Using a clean electric whisk or stand mixer, whisk until stiff peaks form.
- Add the whipped cream to the cream cheese mixture and gently fold it in or mix it in on low speed with your mixer until just combined. Then, fold in the chopped Oreos.
- Remove the Oreo base from the refrigerator. If you are using a loose bottom pan make sure you line the inside of the pan with parchment paper first. Scoop the cheesecake filling onto the Oreo base and spread it evenly using a spatula.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, until set. Remove the Oreo cheesecake from the pan, sprinkle with Oreo crumbs and line the sides with mini Oreos. Slice and indulge!