One of our favourites, loved by children and adults alike! This recipe is super easy, quick and uber delicious, I’m drooling just thinking about it… It has the fragrance of the coconut combined with the juicy sweetness of the mango, a perfect combination. It conjures up images of a tropical paradise, having fun in the sun!
Prep: 15 minutes
What you will need
- 300g cooked rice
- 300ml coconut milk
- 80g caster sugar
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
Let’s get cooking!
- Microwave your rice for 1-2 minutes until hot
- In a small saucepan combine the coconut milk and sugar. Bring to the boil and keep stirring until sugar is dissolved
- Combine a third of the coconut mixture with the hot rice by gently mixing together until the coconut sauce has been absorbed. Repeat until all the coconut sauce has been used up
- To serve spoon coconut rice onto a plate and serve with the diced mango
- The coconut rice may be kept up to 2 hours at room temperature or covered and refrigerated overnight.