Healthy sweets? Yes please! These gummies are quick, easy and pretty too. Made from pure apple juice and gelatine they are a sweet treat for the kids 🙂
This is a great recipe for slightly older children as it requires a steady hand to fill the cavities and care when removing the gummies from the mould.
Prep: 10 minutes
Serves: A handful of gummies
What you will need
- 240ml apple juice, boiled down to half
- 2 tbsp gelatine powder
- Food colouring (optional)
- Silicone mould
- Dropper or syringe
Let’s get cooking!
- Pour the concentrated juice into a pan set on low heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons of gelatine.
- Mix it until fully dissolved then remove the pan from the heat.
- If using food colouring, separate the gelatine mixture into small bowls to mix in the different colours.
- Use the dropper or syringe to add the gelatine mixture into the silicone mould cavities.
- Place in the fridge for 30 minutes until solidified.
- Remove the gummies by pulling at the sides of each cavity until the gummy is released. Gently push the gummy out of the cavity.
- Try to resist shoving them all into your mouth at once! Yum!