Fluffy pancakes, just in time for Shrove Tuesday AKA pancake day! These pancakes are fluffy, light and absolutely delicious. They are quick and easy to prepare so enjoy a stack of fluffy pancakes for breakfast today 🙂
Younger children can help with mixing the batter while older children can also do the frying and pancake flipping under supervision.
Prep: 10 minutes
Serves: 4 (8 medium sized pancakes)
What you will need
- 200g plain flour
- 1 heaped tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 3 large eggs
- 25g melted butter
- 200ml milk
- vegetable oil, for frying
- maple syrup or honey
- Blueberries or other berries of your choice
Let’s get cooking!
- Combine the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl; flour, baking powder, sugar and salt
- Make a hole in the centre of your flour mix and add the eggs, melted butter and milk
- Mix the ingredients together with a balloon whisk or electric whisk, until just combined
- Heat up a non-stick frying pan with a spoon of oil
- Pour the mix into a jug or use a ladle to dispense some batter into the pan, enough to create a medium sized pancake
- Cook for 1-2 minutes until lots of large bubbles appear on the surface, flip the pancake and cook for one more minute
- Repeat until you have used up all the batter
- Stack your pancakes, drizzle with maple syrup or honey and scatter with berries. Dig in!