This crunchy, luscious peach crumble makes 8 portions, perfect for entertaining! It’s quick, easy and fun; children love getting their fingers dirty to rub together the butter and flour.
This recipe is suitable for children of all ages, including very young children who can help to rub in the butter and flour, and to mix the crumble ingredients together.
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 40 minutes
What you will need
- 750g tinned peaches
- 100g plain flour
- 75g cold butter, cubed
- 125g quick oats
- 50g demerara sugar or light brown sugar
- 4 tbsp mixed seeds (we used pumpkin and sunflower seeds)
- 1 tbsp cinnamon powder
Let’s get cooking!
Prepare the peaches
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 350F
- Drain the liquid from the tinned peaches and cut them into quarters
- Spread the peaches out in a 1L ovenproof dish
Make the crumble
- Place the flour in a bowl and rub in the butter with your fingertips until it looks like breadcrumbs
- Stir in the oats, sugar, mixed seeds and cinnamon
- Spoon the mixture to cover the peaches
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes, until golden brown